Why Choose Us?
- ABC teachers create a safe, positive, fun and engaging learning environment
- We give individual attention in a small-lesson setting; two teachers work in the pool with children up to Stage 3
- We make creative use of equipment and varied activities
- We work to a learning programme set by the national governing body for swimming - Swim England
- We provide opportunities to complete distance awards
- ABC teachers are enthusiastic and caring about the swimmers they teach
We are a Swim England Accredited Swim School. We work towards Duckling, Stages 1 - 7 of the Swim England Learn to Swim Pathway (LTSP), followed by Stages 8 - 10 for multi aquatic disciplines. Many other awards are available for Synchronised Swimming, Rookie Lifeguard and Challenge Awards. Distance sessions are held for those working towards 20m - 2000m.
At the end of each term, progress reports are given. Our lessons are small in order to enhance the swimming experience of every individual and allows each swimmer to progress at their own pace.
Badges and certificates are available to purchase for awards achieved.
Due to the lack of space around the pool, we have an exterior viewing area
You are able to view the swimmers from the exterior viewing area through the windows. To access this viewing area go back out the main entrance and turn right towards the tennis courts, continue around the building and you will see the window on your right hand side. If you need further guidance please see ABC staff at the pool and they will point you in the right direction.
Access to the pool is via the changing rooms only
To keep the floors clean, please remove shoes before going into the changing rooms and poolside. We provide blue overshoes for a small fee. Please leave buggies and scooters in the corridor or in the entrance lobby.
To ensure the safety of all swimmers, we ask everyone to follow the following important rules:
- No mobile phones are to be used on poolside
- No photography or filming is permitted for the protection of the pool users
- It is unacceptable for Female adults to enter the Male Changing Room.
- It is unacceptable for Male adults to enter the Female Changing Room.
- Girls 7 years and under can be accompanied by their male parent or guardian in the Male Changing Room. Girls 8 years and over must use the Female Changing Room
- Boys 7 years and under can be accompanied by their female parent or guardian in the Female Changing Room. Boys 8 years and over must use the Male Changing Room.