Founder | Alison Bell
I started ABC Swim School 1985 and it has been running successfully since then.
I was a National Synchronized Swimmer and the National Coach for Synchronized Swimming from 1989 – 1996 with various teams from the Age Group Squads, to Senior Squad level.
I have really enjoyed my time teaching many children and
adult to learn to swim over the years.
I have written and presented a wide variety of
Continuing Professional Development seminars.
My skills expand into writing & consultation on a few publications:
- ‘Make a splash’ (2004 ASA Merchandising),
- ‘Teach Your Child To Swim’ (2006 Usborne Publishing Ltd) and
- ‘The Young Swimmer (1997 Dorling Kindersley Ltd London).
I was National Coach at:
- The European Championships 1993 & 1995,
- World Championships 1994,
- Goodwill Games 1994, and
- Commonwealth Games 1994 with two Silver medals in Solo and Duet events and
- Olympic Trial in 1995 and was
- The National Development Officer for Synchronised Swimming 1995-1996.
I am also the co-founder of Aquability Teachers Training Centre, where we train new swimming teachers and develop knowledge and understanding of learning to swim and coaching. If you are interested in becoming a swimming teacher click here for more information and how to enrol. I have numerous ASA, YMCA and other qualifications and is committed to the development of teachers and the delivery of FUN and effective swimming lessons for all.